As members of this Parish we commit ourselves to care for one another safely.We recognize that everyone has different levels of vulnerability and that each of us may be regarded as at risk at some time in our lives.We commit ourselves to:
- the Safeguarding of people who may be at risk, ensuring their well-being in the life of this church
- promoting safe practice by those in positions of trust
- promoting the inclusion and empowerment of people who may be at risk
- recruit safely following the recognised procedures
- supporting, resourcing, training and regularly reviewing those who undertake work with children/young people and adults who might be at risk.
It is the responsibility of each of us to prevent physical, emotional, sexual, financial and spiritual abuse.
We will report any abuse that we discover or suspect.
We agree to work within the guidelines of the Church of England and the Diocese. Each person who works within this church community will agree to abide by this policy and the guidelines established by this church.
If you have a concern about a safeguarding issue please contact:
Rosemary New: email@example.com
Interim Minister: Revd. Peter Sinclair on 0191 217 1338 or mobile 077 1001 7625 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you may wish to contact: Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser: Ruth Rogan on 07825167016 or email email@example.com